Details on agreements signed between Morocco and Côte d’Ivoire during King Mohammed VI’s recent diplomatic tour of west and central Africa:
King Mohammed VI and President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire Alassane Ouattara chaired, on Tuesday at the presidential palace in Abidjan, the signing ceremony of six agreements of bilateral cooperation in the different areas.
Here is the list of agreements:
– Agreement on the sale of State-owned shares in Société Ivoirienne de Banque (SIB) to Attijariwafa Bank (Acquisition Agreement).
– Agreement on the construction of a fish unloading point in the town of Grand-Lahou in Côte d’Ivoire.
– Agreement on the authorization of a frequency modulated emission to Radio Méditerranée Internationale in Côte d’Ivoire between the High Authority for Audiovisual Communication (HACA) and Radio Méditerranée Internationale-Medi 1.
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Casablanca Finance City Authority and the Centre for Investment Promotion in Côte d’Ivoire.
– Memorandum of Understanding between the National Agency for Support to Rural Development (ANADER) of Côte d’Ivoire and the Office Cherifien des Phosphates (OCP)
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Coffee-Cocoa Board and L’Office Cherifien des Phosphates (OCP).
Subsequently, the members of the co-chair of the Moroccan-Ivorian economic impetus group were presented to HM the King and the Ivorian president. The co-chair of this group is made up of the foreign ministers and presidents of the employers’ unions of the two countries.
Moroccan and Ivorian co-chairs of the impetus group committees were also presented to the two Heads of State.
After the ceremony, HM the King and the Ivorian President posed for a souvenir photo with the members of the Moroccan-Ivorian Economic Impetus Group.
The ceremony was attended by HM the King’s advisors, Fouad Ali El Himma and Yasser Zenagui, members of the delegation accompanying His Majesty the King during this visit to Côte d’Ivoire and several Moroccan and Ivorian economic operators…[original story, subscription required]